Pages

Friday, May 4, 2018

Humble Introduction

Hello!

It's actually been a while since I ran a personal blog writing strictly about myself. Not that I don't have an interest, it's just that I never rarely found the time outside of work, school, friends and family to sit down in front of a computer and talk about my life.

Despite that, I think it's very important for someone to have this form of medium. The value that this brings is tremendous, as it's technically the modern form of a diary or notebook, where a person to vent out issues or problems and even publish opinions on real world events.

One of my favorite personal blogs that I regularly check up on is Jeff Pearlman, the author of multiple New York Times bestselling books. His talent for writing and allowing readers to get a first-hand look at his life outside of writing is something that I really appreciate and it's what I hope to accomplish later on in life.

In terms of what this class can provide for not only my skills as a journalist and communications, but also being able to continue remaining relevant in what social media users expect for content, I'm very excited to learn the ins and outs of this technology. I believe that everyone should have a basic idea with social media because most, if not all, companies and brands rely on social media to gain and maintain a following.

I'm sure that everyone taking this class has had a previous or current interest in social media and wish to build their portfolio for future opportunities. My goal remains becoming an employee for a daily publication or a sports franchise so this course should allow me to take my experiences and build them up to another level.

No comments:

Post a Comment